Welcome to Wellnet – operating the Investing For Health Partnership in the Northern Ireland Eastern Health and Services Board Area.
The Investing for Health Strategy involves:
Collaboration and partnership working with Government Departments, Public Bodies, Local Communities and other Social Partners.
Working together to achieve an improvement in health and well-being and a reduction of health inequalities in the Eastern Board Area.
Achieving progress in the four Trust areas on Health, Social, Environmental, Educational and Housing targets will be negotiated through Health Improvement Plans.
The Eastern Board, through Wellnet, is seeking to build on the many existing relationships/partnerships operating in the field of health and well-being in their widest sense. We want to make sure that the work which, these groups have been undertaking is valued, brought together and supplemented where necessary, in a way which does not duplicate effort but harnesses the energies of those involved.
It is proposed through this site to:
- Identify and develop relationships with those groups, agencies and existing partnerships in the area who are already engaged in work which further one or more of the Goals or Objectives of the “Investing for Health” Strategy.
- Keep a formal record of the work through an online database which individual organisations currently undertake in relation to the Investing for Health agenda. Note: There is currently only a limited amount of information on participating Organisations and Projects as the database was only launched recently and details are still being added.
- Use the website as a discussion forum.
The Investing for Health Team
- At the Board:
- Anne Lynch, Planning and Contracting
- Sharon Henry, Public Health Medicine and Nursing
- Four locally based Health and Well-being Development Officers:
- Lorraine Lindsay, North Down & Ards
- Mimi McAlinden, North Belfast & West Belfast
- Maurice Meehan, South Belfast & East Belfast
- Chris Totten, Down & Lisburn
Each member of the Investing for Health Team can be contacted via the form on the Contact page.
If your ‘Health and Well-being’ organisation operates within the Eastern Health and Services Board Area and you would like your details included in our database, please contact the Development Officer (shown above) who is responsible for your area.
If your organisation operates throughout the E.H.S.S.B. area, please contact Sharon Henry (contact details above).
Find out the latest news and developments about Wellnet in our new forum. It is free to read and free to register (if you wish to post a message) so please play your part in building the Wellnet Community!
What do you think?
Wellnet is continuously trying to improve the web site for our users and would welcome your feedback – before you leave, please take a few minutes to complete a short questionnaire.
Working With Diversity in Northern Ireland is a new web site for local health and social services staff providing information, practical advice, guidance and examples of best practice on equality and diversity under Section 75 legislation.